About

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Eric Cantor is a Waste of Space

Representatives are supposed to balance leadership with representing the will of their districts.  Eric Cantor does none of these.

I was going to title this one "Eric Cantor is a hair cut," but honestly, I don't even like the hair cut that much.  And besides, I think waste of space is more appropriate. 

This is a guy who, when Republicans controlled the House, voted for every single spending increase that he could get his hands on and supported enormous incursions of the state into personal liberty. Later, when the Tea Party showed itself to be a real political force and fiscal responsibility became the topic du jour, he was suddenly railing against "big government" and, along with his teammates, threatening some very fiscally irresponsible action (specifically, not paying for goods and services already purchased by the government).

This is the House Majority "Leader" who, once the question marks were removed from Republican race for Presidential nominee, boldly waded in to select the guy who had all-but locked it up.  Wow.

I had thought that he was running for re-election with no opposition, but a quick google search showed me that I was wrong.  Evidently, a guy named Wayne Powell is running against him.  I know nothing about this guy, but I'll look in to him.  He's a Democrat, and I suspect that he doesn't stand much of a chance in this district, but at least he's an alternative in a district where most people would prefer "someone else" (sorry, I didn't see the original source for this poll in my initial search, but I did first hear about it in a reputable outlet).  And hell, even if Mr. Powell turns out to be a total wing-nut, let's just give Cantor the boot this time and allow some new, respectable, less self-serving candidates from either party get a chance.

So... Anyone know about this Powell guy?  And is there anyone out there that actually likes Cantor that can tell me what I'm missing?


1 comments:

Jodi said...

I don't know anything about Powell,, and can't stand Cantor. To me, the whole system feels terribly broken beyond repair. Its unfortunate but true. To fix it we would need someone to come in and make huge changes and be okay with everyone hating them once it was done. I'm not sure if there is a politician out there who has the integrity AND the balls to do something like that. It will certainly be an interesting election year.

Post a Comment

 
Cheap Web Hosting | new york lasik surgery | cpa website design